Prado Regional Park

Today was such a blustery day it would have even made Winnie the Pooh hibernate! But that doesn't stop a good ride! I wanted to go somewhere close by that I had not been to before.

That brought me to Prado Regional Park in Chino, CA
As I hit the trail it took me to the West side of Prado Dam.
 There was plenty of trail to open up on that was both scenic and vigorous!
The trail then curves through several acres which had some beautiful vistas!
 I love exploring these fire roads and old decrepit asphalt trails.
This little pond was quite quaint.
I was amazed at the amount of birds of prey that inhabit this area!!! From tons of turkey vultures to every hawk in town the sky was full of birds circling! At one point a hawk began to track me which did have me a bit nervous. Peregrine Hawks have been know to swoop down and dispatch their prey with their sharp beaks. I need to go back with a better camera to catch the bird action including the geese and cranes!

This area is quite picturesque
And it has a variety of trees that are beautiful!
All in all Prado is a great place to visit and to bike! It's a little gem located right in the middle of town and yet it offers a taste of being in open country!
I plan on going back and getting some closeup wildlife pics to add here.
-Today on the Trail-

No comments:

Post a Comment