Take a Bike to get a Cab

As I continued my quest to ride to all the parks in Eastvale/Mira Loma, I started my trip here at Vernola Park. This is a beautiful new park and it had lots of guests enjoying it. 

But this post really isn't about the parks. You see this park is located on Wineville Rd in Mira Loma. In fact years ago the entire town was called Wineville until it changed it's name in November 1930. The reason was that just about a mile South of this park on Wineville Rd the sad but infamous Chicken Coop Murders took place. They changed the town's name to help thwart off the negative publicity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wineville_Chicken_Coop_Murders
 In 2008 a movie called "The Changeling" was made about this tragedy.
So with that said I chose instead to go North on Wineville Road. On Wineville Rd some areas have these nice hard packed trails as you head North.
 About a mile from the park you reach the Historic Galleano Winery.
 It is easy to spot off of Wineville Road just South of the 60 fwy 
This place is like taking a step back in time. I really don't think it has changed very much since 1927.
Here is the tasting room 
Some of the decor is a bit "Bates Motel-ish"
But they do have a very nice tasting room with a great selection and a very friendly staff!
They also have a very quaint and peaceful picnic area.
Along with a selection of Cheese, Salami, Chocolate and other goodies to enjoy with your newly purchase bottle(s) of wine.
 And yes my Bike got me to my "Cab"
A delicious glass of Cabernet Sauvignon
But my quest didn't stop there. Just up the road is another great winery!
San Antonio Winery
This place is always humming with activity and corks are flying.
After visiting here I finished my 18.2 mile ride and was quite happy that I got to enjoy such a beautiful day and meet some new people! Even the book of Psalms says: "Wine that makes glad the heart of man." It did! ...and the great bike ride sure didn't hurt either!

-Today on the Trail-


No comments:

Post a Comment